ThermoPhoto Inc. is recognized throughout London & surrounding area for its expertise in quality building inspections. We offer inspection and consulting services for commercial and residential buildings of various descriptions reporting on conditions of major components.
We also conduct forensic investigations on concrete masonry units (CMU) and perform inspections on electro-mechanical machinery, electrical systems, building envelopes, roof systems, even marine applications.
We are truly the experts in home and commercial property inspections. Our competitive advantage is our use of cutting-edge technologies, such as thermal imaging, that allow us to see beneath the surface; to see what others cannot see. Our inspectors are all highly trained and experienced.
ThermoPhoto Inc. Home and Building Inspections is licensed, bondable, and insured.
Trevor J. Potter, Lead Inspector
ThermoPhoto is led by Trevor Potter who has decades of experience in almost every aspect of residential and commercial construction, including the building of large residential and commercial developments. Mr. Potter decided to take his knowledge and experience to open one of the most comprehensive inspection firms in Southwestern Ontario.
Since the company’s inception in 2006, Mr. Potter has performed hundreds of inspections on residential and commercial properties. Residential properties inspected range from condos to million-dollar luxury single-family residences in Whistler B.C. Commercial properties inspected include strip malls, hotels, office buildings, 100 +unit multi-family housing, restaurants, and forensic investigations on concrete masonry units.
Experience & Education
- Carpenter and Residential Builder, 1996-1999
- Mason Laborer, Fraser Masonry, Vancouver B.C., 1999-2000
- Construction Laborer, Benbow Custom homes, Whistler B.C., 2000-02, Building multi-million-dollar high rises
- Electronics Engineering Technician courses 2003 at Fanshawe College.
- Mechanical Technician Graduate 2003 from Fanshawe College.
- Sub-Contractor/Builder 2003-ongoing
- ASNT-IR Certified Level 1 Infrared Thermographer in 2006
- Formed ThermoPhoto Imaging & Analysis in 2006. Duties include inspecting electro-mechanical equipment
- FLIR Systems (ITC) Infrared Electrical Applications Course in 2006
- Carson Dunlop Weldon Commercial Building Inspection Course in 2007
- Formed ThermoPhoto Inc. Residential & Commercial Building Inspections 2004
- Active member of Canadian National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (CanNACHI) Member # NACHI08030401
- Member of American Association for Non-destructive Testing
- Certified Mold Inspector (CMI), International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants (IAC2) Cert. # IAC2-01-4142
- Ontario Association of Home Inspectors (0AH1) Defect Recognition & Reporting Course
- Ontario Building Code – Part 9 Technical Requirements, Ontario Ministry of Housing (OMH)
- Gas and Oil Heating Appliance Seminar for Inspectors
- EIFS Course for inspection of exterior insulating finishing systems
CanNACHI courses & examinations on an annual basis include:
- Electrical Course
- Roofing Course
- Plumbing Course
- Structural Course
- Interior Course
- Exterior Course
- Green Building Course
- Mold Inspection Training